First performance of the new solo harp piece with video by Johannes Kreidler during the Gaudeamus Music Week September 2018
Since years I am working a lot with composers enlarge repertoire and sound of our instrument and that resulted in a couple of nice and interesting pieces by several Dutch and German composers. I gave commissions to Martin Schüttler, Wilbert Bulsink, Ruud Roelofsen, Bart de Vrees and recently to Johannes Kreidler. The composers wrote for harp solo, or solo with electronics, with TV and CD-player, for tow harps played at the same time or video.
During the Gaudeamus Music Week in September 2018 I will play Johannes Kreidler’s new piece and a work by Hibiki Mukai, selected by Gaudeamus next to some of the pieces below.
New works from the past years written for Miriam:
- Bart de Vrees – Nascent/Naissant (2016) (for Miriam and Wilbert) – video
- Martin Schüttler – schöner leben (sumo D.D.) (2008) – video
- Ruud Roelofsen – |<örperlich 4 (2017) (for Miriam and Wilbert)
- Robert van Heumen – Spill (2015) – video
- Albert van Veenendaal – The Plastic Crusader (2013) – video
- Noriko Koide – Pisang Bali (2015)
- Thomas Myrmel – Wings Imparted (2013) for two harps and one player